Tuesday, July 1, 2008

G-Boy "Numero Uno" is BACK!!


My first born is back in town - yeah!! I think for the FIRST time in my recollection, The Chattanooga Boys Choir actually returned EARLY from their tour. When I say early, this is what I mean....

Parents (or grandparents, etc) are told to be at the pick-up location at let's say 10pm. the tour bus will return at approximately this time. You will then proceed in taking your weary chorister home from tour at this time.

So there you are...sitting in the parking lot, reading a book (you don't want to kill your battery listening to the car stereo), because you know there is a VERY good possibility that you will be waiting longer than planned. The bus most likely will be late arriving home; this is usually due to traffic.

My Mom & Dad have been known to be waiting for a tour bus at 11pm because I had to be at work the next morning and Gabriel was in the bed asleep (and then the bus is late - eek!)

Gregory's Chattanooga grandparents (a.k.a. Mike & Nita) were picking him up from tour this evening. At precisely 8pm, I got a phone call from Gregory saying hello. What a pleasant surprise - the bus was actually early today! Woo-hoo!!

Interesting tidbit for you Casting Crowns fans: Their upcoming Christmas CD will feature The Chattanooga Boys Choir performing backup vocals for the song "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day." Gregory had a great time talking to lead singer, Mark Hall at the end of the afternoon. He also got his shoe autographed (and he wasn't the only one who had their shoe "marked by Mark"). I didn't think to give him one of our Casting Crowns CDs, his t-shirt from their concert tour was dirty; just a comedy of errors!

The boys had a great time on tour. If you'd like to read about their recording session with Mark Hall from Casting Crowns and their summer tour, here is a link to their website - this should take you straight to their tour journal: http://www.chattanoogaboyschoir.org/summer2008.html

God bless and have a wonderful weekend celebrating the Fourth of July!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Gregory looks "thrilled" to be there. Can you feel the sarcasm in this comment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Gregory!!!! I will have to get the CD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Bro I know whacha mean... "beggars can't be choosers" is my philosophy here I guess. *grin* Usually I'm lucky to see him up close in a pic taken on tour at all.

    ReplyDelete